Monday, November 14, 2011

Franconia Notch: Basin and Cannon Mt.

So, after the snow storm New England had a few weeks ago, I went to see how Franconia Notch held up beginning of last week. I love snow, and it seemed that Franconia Notch got some, about 4 to 6 inches in some places. I decided to take my dog for a walk down to the Basin, which surprisingly didn't have as much snow as I thought. The trail was snowy but the water was flowing as normal. Here are a few pictures I took when I went to check out the Basin:
 See, water is flowing

 The Basin
our path was snowy and slushy,
matched my dog!:)

Then I wanted to see Mt. Cannon, so we drive up, parked on the other side, and I took
this shot. I have to say that I love it, the shadows and the snow, 
the way the trees where on both sides on the mountain. So beautiful.
This mountain is one that I want to hike next summer, 
It's about two miles up on the Kinsman Ridge Trail.
I want to see the view near Cannon Cliff.
I bet the views are beautiful from the trail!
Happy Hiking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...