Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mt. Washington State Park

Mt. Washington State Park
Out of all the places in the White Mountain Regain, this is my favorite to explore. The trails are so wonderful travel on and the people you meet along with way, are so friendly and helpful. I am hoping to hike Mt. Washington before fall really sets in. I plan on taking the same route that I did back in 2008. Hiking up the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail to the Lakes of the Clouds. Then take Crawford Path to the Summit for the beautiful mountain (Mt. Washington). Last time it was foggy so I never got to see any views, I was lucky enough to find the building itself! I would like to be able to hike a trail back down that I never got to last time, because the weather turned and we couldn't hike down. The trail I want to take is Jewell Trail, it is to lead me back down to the Cog Railway where the trails start. When I hike this mountain this week or the next I plan on posting my pics and my adventure story up here soon after. 
 I am hoping that one day, I can stay up at the Lake of the Clouds AMC Hut and wake up to the sunrise. I bet that is so beautiful to see the Sun rise above the Lakes up there. Plus I have always wanted to hike Mt. Monroe as well...wonder if I could do both Mountains on the same day? I bet I could. It's only .3 miles from the AMC Hut. There are so many places to see beautiful views once you are up in the Presidential Range that it will be very tough to come back down again. I feel like I am in a whole new world when I am up there. Soon, I hope to be able to stay up here for some time and see as much as I can before I have to come back down again! Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...