Monday, June 13, 2011

Mt. Jackson in Crawford Notch

I love Crawford Notch. One of the mountains I hiked there was Mt. Jackson. My friend and I started at the AMC Highland Center which is on the right side of where the trail started. We parked near Saco Lake. The temperature that day was about 70 degrees. It was a beautiful sunny day. The sky had a few clouds. The trail we started on was Webster-Jackson Trail. We went over Bugle cliff and trailed up to Jackson Branch. The Webster-Jackson Trail is about 1.4 miles. The Jackson Branch is 1.2 after to the top. That trail is steeper and harder to hike. We stopped a few times to see the views for the trees where low. The view on top of Mt. Jackson was wonderful. You could see all away around. I loved the view of the Mt. Washington Hotel on the right side of the peak. We ate lunch up there and relaxed before descending down the mountain. We took the same trails down. the hike over all took about  four hours. It was a great hike! We did it in the late spring, but I wonder what it would be like to do it in the fall with the changing of the leaves.

Here is a picture of the view on my right side. Behind me in is the Washington Hotel. But in this pic it's very small. It was a lovely day for a hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...