Monday, June 20, 2011

Mt. Jefferson hike up the caps!

The hike up Mt. Jefferson was amazing! The views were so beautiful! That is right...there were three peaks going up the trail we started on. We drove up Jefferson Notch Road to the elevation 3009' . The picture above is the sign you will see that starts the trail we went on. The trail was Caps Ridge Trail. It was about 1.1 miles up to the Glacial Poles. There we found some cool caves. In the caves we found, there was still snow inside them which was cool. Here is a picture of me coming out of one of the caves.

Did I mention how much I love to explore caves! I had a blast. Then we continued up Caps Ridge Trail which then is also called Ridge of the Caps. There are three Caps and the trail here is about 1.0 miles. I loved the views on the Ridge. At one of the caps I took this picture because I just loved the view!
It was a beautiful day for a hike also. The sky was clear, the temperature was cool and warm. The hike up was amazing! Then it was about o.4 miles before we reached the top of Jefferson. The elevation on the top was 5716' and it was lovely. We eat lunch, relaxed then started back down the same way we came up. I hope to do this hike again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...