Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Basin

 I love going to the Basin. The Basin is located in Franconia Notch. It is called a geologic wonder. There is a beautiful waterfall and it the base is a pothole that is about 20 feet in diameter. The Basin has been smoothed by sand and stones over time, starting about 15,000 years ago. I plan on going there tomorrow sometime to see this beautiful wonder. I normally go every year to see the Basin because I love seeing what nature makes on it own. There is also walking trails, a bike trail that goes by it and some tables if a person or a group wants to eat. The trail down to the Basin is not long. It's about half a mile. When walking down, you will probably see people and dogs in the water for there are a few swimming holes and a small stream that flows through which is what leads to the Basin. There are also a few hiking trails that lead off of the Basin that are great to hike up.
If you are ever in the Franconia Notch area, this is one stop you should make! Here are two pics I took when I was on an adventure with a friend!

Top one is my friend and I sitting on the railing near the bottom of the Basin. The next picture is of the Basin that I took on another trip. It's one beautiful pool:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...