Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Presidentail Range

There are some amazing mountains to hike in the Presidential Range.  There are four beautiful mountains named after presidents, them being, Mount Madison, Mount Adams, Mount Jefferson, and Mount Washington. I have hiked three of the four. I have never had the opportunity to hike Mount Adams yet. I hope to do that mountain in the near future. Mt. Madison is 5366 ft, Mt. Adams is 5410ft, Mt. Jefferson is 5716 ft and Mt. Washington is 6288ft. Mt Washington had the highest wind velocity ever recorded at any surface weather station (231 mph).
The Average for wind velocity is about 44 mph! I had hiked Mt. Washington once when it was about 45 mph when I got to the top! I'll have to share that story sometime! That was an awesome hike! The Presidential Range is beautiful to hike in the summer and early fall for the nice weather and then for the changing colors of fall! I will be hiking Mt. Washington again this summer! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. There are also two other mountains to hike on the other side of Mt. Washington called Mt Monroe and Mt Eisenhower! I always forget them because they are on the other side..opps...guess I'll have to hike them so I don't forget anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...