While hiking, I can across many amazing spots this summer. I found them to be relaxing and I great place to take a break while hiking in the White Mountains. These spots where not just in one place but, I found a few is different sections of the White Mountains. I wanted to share a few of them with my hiking readers, so if you are hiking up a trail, you would know a place to enjoy a snack and relax for a few.
1. Shining Rock: this rock is found in Franconia Notch. This summer I found myself twice going out on it and relaxing as I enjoyed a beautiful view. The first time, my friend and I came across this place, many hikers where enjoying it. There is a few streams that come down the rock, which makes it shine in the sun. It is a great place to relax and enjoy a snack. You can find the Shining Rock off Falling Waters Trail.
2. Cascades on Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail: These cascades are so beautiful. They are off the trail, of about .1 miles down but worth going to see. I just loved seeing them. There were a few places to sit and just watch the water flow down mountain. My friend and I, were very happy we took the time to see these cascades. These cascades are found in the Presidential Range, hiking up Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail.
3. If you are on your way to see Arethusa Falls, don't forget to check out Coliseum and Bemis Falls as well. I took my mom up to see the tallest waterfall in NH, but at the same time, we went on Bemis Brk. Tr. to see the other falls and loved them. It was also great for my dog, for he got to drink water and relax along the way. They are so amazing to see, I loved the rock formations. It was like someone put slate down to make an ancient site. Next time you are in Crawford Notch, it's a must see and wonderful place to relax and take a break at!
4. The Air Line Trail is wonderful. I love it every time I hike up to Mt. Madison. When you get up past the trees, all you have an views! Lots of them. They are all around you and so amazing to look at. I always stop to take pictures and rest. So, if you are ever on the Air Line, take your time, enjoy the views around you and stop to take a break. It's worth it! Can hike the Air Line off of Route 2.
On the Air Line
5. Lake of the Clouds: These are two lakes up near Mt. Washington. They are right next to the Lakes of the Clouds Hut between Mt. Monroe and Mt. Washington. When I have hiked up Mt. Washington, I enjoy seeing these Lakes. They are very beautiful and still. Very relaxing to sit next to and enjoy the view of the valley below. The second lake on the way up has the most beautiful view of Mt. Washington and Ammonoosuc Ravine.
Lakes of the Clouds..lake 2
6. One other place I enjoy relaxing by is Lonesome lake. This lake is so beautiful and has some wonderful views of the mountains near by. I have seen hikers also swimming in the lake and have a spot with tables to eat at. There are five different trails that lead to Lonesome lake so it's a great resting spot. Can find this lake in Franconia Notch.
Well, here is just a few spots I enjoy relaxing at while hiking
in the White Mountains.