Friday, August 5, 2011

Dream Hike in the Franconia Notch

The Franconia Ridge Trail
My dream hike would be in the Franconia Notch. It would start at the Flumes, where I would hike up the Flume Slide Trail over to Mt. Flume, then head over to Mt. Liberty. After them, I would walk along the Franconia Ridge Trail. This picture above is of the Trail that runs along five amazing mountains in Franconia Notch. Then I would head over to Little Haystack, then Mt. Lincoln, with a final stop at Mt. Lafayette. This would take all day so then we would stay over night at the Greenleaf AMC Hut. I have always wanted to stay there. The next day we would travel down the Old Bridge Path, over the Parkway, to Lonesome Lake Trail, where we would go up to Lonesome Lake, then head down the Cascade Brook Trail to where we would be very close to the Flumes. That would be an awesome hike trip! Maybe one day, I'll get the chance to do it!

On Little Haystack with Mt. Lincoln behind us

Amazing views from up on top of the Ridge!

The views from Lonesome Lake
Very popular spot for hikers

Happy Hiking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...