Thursday, August 4, 2011

For the Day Hiker

I have never slept over in one of the huts in the White Mountains. Though I do hope that one day I get the chance to go so, for I have the equipment for a night over. It would be so wonderful to walk up looking over the valleys and seeing beautiful views. But for now, I am a day hiker! I love hiking from morning until evening.
But sometimes during a travel, there is not enough time to do a long hike so it's fun to get out and stretch the legs on a walk. 
Here are some great day hikes that are very easy to do and wonderful things to see...

1. Glen Ellis Falls
When I was younger, my parents would stop here every summer to check out falls. This is a 64-foot waterfall and it's so beautiful. It's an easy hike for all ages, about .6 mile round trip. It could take you about 30 minutes but it's worth the stop. It's in Pinkham's Notch, near Wild Cat.

2. The Basin and The Basin-Cascades Trail
I love going here every year. My parents sometimes would take my sister and I here when we were younger. Great for kids and pets. It's located in Franconia Notch. It's about 2 and half miles round trip. It starts off easy but on the way up can get rocky. There are some great falls to see and the Basin is so beautiful. It's a great place to stop and check out.

3. Mt. Willard
This is not a large mountain to hike up. The elevation gain is about 900feet from where you start. It's about a moderate hike. Great for pets and children. The trail starts near the AMC Highland Center. The trip can be around 3 to 4 hours long. Great views! To find Mt. Willard travel to Crawford Notch!

4. Boulder Loop
I love boulders and so does my stepson. This trail has a few wonderful boulder spots to climb around. The loop itself is about 3 miles around and can take you about 2 to 3 hours. Though if you enjoy playing on the boulders, it can take even longer!  This wonderful trail can be found on the Kancamagus Highway!

Happy Hiking!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...